Sunday, January 30, 2005

for my dad

while on my way to school this morning i saw a man walking...tall, lanky and with gray hair... he had his back towards me but my heart skipped its beat...i know it is not him...but he reminded me of my dad...being away from him for quite some time is hard...and i miss him so much...

i wanted to cry and smile at the same time...i started thinking about our good times together and all the things we did together...yes, i am a daddy's girl...he taught me almost everything i know... basketball, tennis, how to cook, how to answer crossword puzzles, where is the way to the sports center, almost everything...i miss all the takas moments...we will go out in the middle of the night and go to our favorite isawan...or we often end up in jollibee... when i was a kid he would always buy me this ice cream on stick with a clown's face on it... i will never forget the time when he made pizza for us...and when i was a kid he taught me how to make a paper boat and we sent it drifting away together with the baha...wehehehe...that was when we were still in marikina... but i grew up...in and height and otherwise (wehehehe) i will never forget when he made burger patties and made hamburgers for our baon in school...when he converted our broken ricecooker to a very useful barbecue grill and we had our barbecue party in our backyard... one of the happy memories i will tell to my children down to my grandchildren...

now that we are apart, i miss everything we shared...even the petty quarrels that we had... when we say "estiopek" to each other...cause it is our other way of saying i love you...

i don't know when i'm going to see him again....but when that day comes...i'll hug him so tight he will not know what hit him... i love my dad so much...that's why writing these things makes me cry..*sob*...

i will always be daddy's little girl...and he will always be the greatest man in my life...

No comments: